Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Ties That Bind


It was a good 4th. Those who could, gathered among the pines with Mom and Dad at the old home place. Twin sister brought a roast with the trimmings, I brought potato salad, and Mother fixed a pot of pinto beans.

At one point, twin sister sat down at the piano and played patriotic tunes. Of course, harmonies soon followed, and prayers for our country were spoken aloud.

As the sun sank into the west, we retreated to the front porch for a picture. The trusty tripod captured this shot, while we battled the stifling humidity. Twin sister's hubby (my dear B-I-L) had a wounded toe. Thus, the one shoe.

In Daddy's usual fashion, we formed a circle in the living room and prayed before departing. As I squeezed the hands of those I love, I thanked God for the genuine joy in my soul and for ties that bind in a world that's unraveling. ♦


Linking to:

9 comments:

  1. I love your family!
    Each one blesses me with their own gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious way to spend a day with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful 4th.


    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gayle what a sweet and wonderful day with your family! You twins are just too darn cute!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ties that bind...there is nothing to compare. Thanks for sharing your 4th with us...love the family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me cry! Such a precious, sweet, close family you have! It touches me so deeply to hear of your Daddy's actions...reminds me of my Papaw and my own dear Mom and Daddy. We rarely parted ways without praying together. Such dear memories to me now! Love you, sweet friend, and God bless you and your dear family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like one of the best fourth of July's I heard so far. So important to agree in prayer for our great nation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful 4th! Loved the description from beginning to end and I appreciated the explanation for the one shoe off and one shoe on. Most especially, I loved reading about the prayers said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Gayle! CONGRATULATIONS!! You are one of the five winners of Joshua Becker's new book!! Please contact me privately to provide your mailing address, and we will get your book out in the mail to you right away, Lord willing! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete