Monday, March 7, 2016

Fingerprints of Faith


I had a great weekend with Mom and Dad. Whenever I count my blessings, they are at the top of the list.

Not only have they stayed married for over 65 years (making certain their children weren't casualties of divorce) they taught me to have unshakable faith in an unchanging God. To know that, in the darkest of times, he is still good. No matter who leaves, he is still faithful. No matter who lies, he is still truth. No matter who dies, he can still heal.

In the sunshine, he's there. In the valley, he's there. On the mountain, he's there. In the desert, he's there. Though wars rage around me, his grace can sustain me, and his peace can cover my soul.

Without their fingerprints of faith, stamped indelibly on my life, only God knows how poor I'd be. ♦

5 comments:

  1. OH my friend...
    What a beautiful post honoring the two very special people in your life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. I miss my mom and dad very much and there is no doubt how much you cherish yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious post, Gayle! Enjoy and cherish them ever so much (as I know you do), for these moments are so fleeting. I am missing my dear Mom and Dad so much, and what I wouldn't give for just one more visit with them. God bless you and grant you many more years with your dear parents. Thank you for sharing this wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete