Monday, February 22, 2016

Barren Branches to the Sky


The sight of these barren branches against a cloudless blue sky captured my attention the other day. This is one of my favorite spots for eating lunch.

In the springtime, these branches are covered with budding beauty, and in the summer, they provide much-needed shade. Today, their barrenness reminded me of myself, and gave me renewed hope that nothing lasts forever. Warm winds will blow again. Spring will surely come.

Until then, I lift my branches skyward and wait.


"He restoreth my soul." - Psalm 23:3

6 comments:

  1. I love barren branches and trees myself! I have one posted for my new meme called Seasons. When you have a moment of time this week, you van use the same image if you like. The link is underneath my weekly post! Thank you!
    Read your story in the side bar. Happy you found new things in life you are passionate about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle,

    What a lovely post. I like the Bible verse you selected too. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When life throws you stones, pick up and go on. That is what you have done with your life. The branches may be bare, but your heart is full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is beauty in every season, even the barren ones. We just have to look harder at times than others.

    That pic is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You call them barren branches...I call them naked trees. They always take my eye as well...no matter what they might be called. Beautiful photo and lovely words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your analogy, Gayle. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete