Friday, February 19, 2016

It's A Beautiful Thing

My beloved granddaughter - Audrey Emeline
Photo taken by Dayle (the beloved aunt)
To believe that the human body came about by any means other than God’s design is simply preposterous. On any given day, our bodies are walking marvels.

We have 206 bones and 60,000 miles of blood vessels. Our eyes are so sensitive that if the earth was flat, we could see a candle flickering at night 30 miles away. To put that in perspective, if you live in Dallas, you could see the flicker in Ft. Worth.

We can distinguish up to 10 million colors. Our noses can remember 50,000 scents. Every time we take one step, we use 200 muscles. A piece of brain tissue the size of a grain of sand (a grain of sand!) contains 100,000 neurons and 1 billion synapses all communicating with each other at high rates of speed.

To believe we just “happened” is like saying the tiny parts of your smart phone mysteriously, totally by chance, came together one day and started working—bing, bang, boom. Preposterous, indeed.

The Psalmist David said it best: “You created my inmost being; you ‘knit me together’ in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and ‘wonderfully’ made.”

We didn’t just happen, you and I. We are living souls inside miraculous bodies, designed and created by Almighty God. He made us, he knows us and he loves us. It's a beautiful thing. ♦

Linked at Spiritual Sundays.

10 comments:

  1. Aren't grandbabies just the best? Who would have thought that we could love someone so much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Michele, grandbabies are the best. Mine is 2 years old now, and I love her beyond words.

      Delete
  2. Amen... I was marvelously created... It just makes sense! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Anita, my beloved granddaughter is 2 years old now, but it seems like she was born yesterday.

      Delete
  3. *tears*

    *gulp* Love to you for reminding me of our marvelous God.

    And His precious little ones.

    *hug*
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.
    Both the photo and the words.
    Always experience a sense of calm when I visit you...
    Thank you for that. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have an amazing body, designed by an amazing Creator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Gayle, She is just beautiful. I loved the wonderful thoughts you shared about our bodies and how they function. You know, sometimes, I have such a hard time believing He loves me...it is so easy for me to remind everyone else of that fact, but when it comes to me, all I can see are my discrepancies and inadequacies and failures. But, this post tonight made me to see that if He cares enough to put this much effort into making me, and then to think of Him going all the way to Calvary to redeem me from my fallen state, surely His love is beyond anything we can imagine. I appreciate you, Gayle, and I think about your past posts and the pain and hurt I sensed as I read them. I trust God will comfort you and bless you and restore what the locusts have eaten and bring about healing in every part of you and restoration of all that you hold dear. I am praying for you, and I care. Thank you for your sweet comments left on my blog. They truly mean so much. Keep encouraged, my friend, and know that God has you...and that precious granddaughter in His hands, and He is making all things new. Sending you bug hugs and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our bodies are nothing short of individual miracles! It is beyond me how anyone can think otherwise. And there is no greater joy than when those precious little miracles are our own grand babies! :) Blessings to you, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beyond words. Created by God!

    ReplyDelete