Saturday, September 21, 2013

Rainy Friday Night


After work, I called my daughter to see if she wanted to join me somewhere for dinnerbaby and all. She'd been wanting "a good meal" for a while, but it hadn't been convenient for us. This evening, it was looking like rain, but I headed to her apartment anyhow.

A warm drizzle was falling when we got to the restaurant, but once we ordered and settled in, the flood gates opened and sheets of water fell from the sky. An hour or so later, it was still pouring rain. But that was OK.

We entertained ourselves with lots of carbs, strong coffee and the camera that never ends. As country star Eddie Rabbit used to sing, "I love a rainy night." Especially when I have my two favorite people to share it with. ♦

4 comments:

  1. I understand the "camera that never ends".
    With our first g'child, I bought my digital camera.
    Thousands, no... millions of pictures later, it still is clicking away.

    I agree!
    That is a great way to spend a rainy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle! That dessert look awesome! And what an be better than a home cooked meal from Mom?

    Looks like a fun night :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil, the dessert was Snicker's Pie. Yum!

      Delete