Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Audrey Visits the Great-Grandparents

Saturday morning, my daughter, granddaughter, twin sister and I drove over to visit with my parents for the day. They've been wanting to see their new great-grand since she was born, but circumstances have prevented them from traveling.

Although our time together was brief, it was one for the memory books. Before we left, Leslie had her Papa pray over her and her beloved child. My daddy has prayed for Audrey since before she was even born, and seeing her in his arms and hearing him pray for her well-being brought a flood of tears for so many reasons.

Here are a few timeless moments I captured while there:

Surrounded by my father's faithful hands. She was mesmerized by his voice.
 
In the arms of my dear mother - no better place on earth to be. 
 
Four generations strong.
 
Getting sugar from her great Aunt Dayle
 
Getting to know Big Nana.
 
Making memories on the couch, after a wardrobe change.
 
Asleep on Big Nana's blanket, and safe on Big Papa's lap.
 
 
In the words of Brad Henry, "Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter." I am beyond grateful that Audrey has strong compasses in her life - to help guide her, inspire her and comfort her as time goes by. 

9 comments:

  1. My precious little pie. Love her so much and what a blessing for her to be able to meet her great-grandparents. Even though she may never remember it, the pictures will be reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From now on, you will have to make sure your camera battery is fully charged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Christine! I have was too many photos to manage already, and she's only two weeks old!!

      Delete
  3. Having the best time enjoying the photos of your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure I'm driving my Facebook friends all nuts with my pictures, so your comment is very nice to hear. :-)

      Delete
  4. You captured some great moments of that sweet granddaughter. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed seeing this glimpse into this special day! She's soo adorable and will be so loved and blessed. Keep soaking up every minute and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audrey is just precious...and such expression on her sweet little face in those photos! Thank you for sharing this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was waiting for this, and yes, I got the very lump in my throat that I figured I would. I love the one where your dad has his hands on her and the one with the little bit of a smile in your mom's arms.

    I'm thinking that hair is going to end up light. What say you? She will look even more like her cousin.

    ReplyDelete