Friday, April 26, 2013

Sand, Surf and Sea

After the doctor said my blood pressure was a little high, I succumbed to the call of the waves and headed south for a few days. Nothing soothes my senses like sand, surf and sea. I considered Destin (a favorite beach spot of mine), but I couldn't seem to get out of neutral and get 'er done, so Galveston, it was.

Living alone, you either vacation alone or you find a family member (or a friend) who wants to join you. Big Sis couldn't make it, but I was glad my twin was able to go. We've made memories at the beach since we learned how to drive. No need to stop now.

It was my second stay at The San Luis Resort, (Dayle's first) and it's an ideal spot for those in need of serious pampering. The rooms are plush, and whatever you want, the staff goes out of their way to get it. We were on the 14th Floor, and the view of the gulf was endless.

Thankfully, the weather was perfect, and we took in The Strand, the beach, a delightful sunset dinner at Fisherman's Wharf, and as many antique shops as we could possibly find. The car was loaded when we left town. Here are a few pictures to help tell the tale.

Views from The San Luis Resort, along with a stately seagull at Stewart Beach.
Me and my new boyfriend outside the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. What a squeeze!

My first visit to Fisherman's Wharf. Hopefully, it won't be my last. The food was divine.
Right outside our window, the lovely Elissa. For a quick history, click on the link.

 A breathtaking sunset sent me scurrying for the camera. God's handiwork never ceases to amaze.
As dusk falls, I stand in awe on the balcony.
The ships on the horizon twinkle in the evening light, waiting for their turn in port.

The pool area is huge, and glistens like a gem beneath me.

I couldn't help snapping another shot.


Treasures were found in antique shops the next day. Here is one of many we
shuffled through before packing our bags and heading home.
_____________

And that's it, my friends. Thanks for letting me share my memories with you. Each time I visit the beach, and see the waves, and feel the wind, I'm reminded of how big God is, and how small my worries really are. ♦

"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in."
 - George Washington Carver - 

7 comments:

  1. The photos are great. Today is my first day on blood pressure medication. Maybe I just need to move to the beach...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it pretty good there in the hills of TN. However, beaches have magical powers, I believe. Take care of yourself!

      Delete
  2. I honestly can't tell you how wonderful this looks. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach, and nice hotels, GOOD food, shopping, and a sister to share it with! Lowered my blood pressure just reading this... ; ) Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help, Debbie. :-) I'm blessed to live two hours from the gulf.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful place! Great!

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looking at your pictures of the beautiful beach, clams me.
    Perfect way to recover what was gone and bring back the good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks AMAZING and the photos you grabbed, especially at dusk, at marvelous.

    I love the new man in your live. I mean, a man who will cook AND cuddle? You have the envy of half the women in America.

    ReplyDelete