Saturday, February 9, 2013

Creating "Home"

I spent most of today decorating my daughter's apartment (at her request), hoping to give it the warmth and feel of "home." I mixed a few old things, with some new things, and some borrowed things, with some blue things. I loved how it all came together. This color combo is so soothing, and I had no idea it was so popular right now.

Leslie loved it all, and I just got a text from her, saying that she is taking a bath and relaxing in her "pretty home." That makes my tired body feel good as new.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

I'm joining Mary's new blog party based around "words" for inspiration. This week the prompt is "HOME." You can find her blog here: Little Red House.

11 comments:

  1. Great job, Mom. My favorite image is in the lower right corner. I feel an invitation to sit a spell over coffee and ask how she's feeling, what she's thinking, and if the baby's moving much yet. I would smile a lot and listen and feel at home in her lovely space. Makes me miss my girls...

    Oh, dear. *tears*

    Gulp,
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley! I love visiting my kid, and I'm so grateful that she is now close by. I hope your memories keep you warm till you see your girls again.

      Delete
  2. Great job! Love it...comfy, warm, and inviting! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! It was a labor of love. :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh how nice of you to help and how nice of her to appreciate all your hard work. It looks wonderful and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee! Most people are amazed when I tell them my daughter turned me loose in her apartment. :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is so lovely! You did such a wonderful job! Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net,
    but I know I am getting know-how all the time by reading thes good articles.


    Feel free to surf to my page: click here to visit them

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful to me. I can't think of anything I've enjoyed more in the past few years than helping my daughter with her apartment.

    ReplyDelete