Friday, February 3, 2012

Got Loose Wires?

After weeks of haggling with my garage door, I hunted down the manual and resolved to figure out the problem, no matter how long it took. True, I'm not a skilled "technician," but I concluded if a technician could figure it out, so could I.

With manual in hand, I climbed the ladder and slowly read the steps for reprogramming the remotes. It sounded complicated, but one step at a time, and I'd be fine.

First step done. Second step done. Third step done.

I was pleased as punch with my accomplishment, and all was well...for a while at least. Sadly, in a few weeks, I was right back where I started from. No matter how many times I reprogrammed the remotes, the garage door would NOT go down. Even the wall panel wasn't working without hands-on assistance.

Clearly, something besides programming was amiss, so I climbed the ladder again and closely examined the wiring. It HAD to be the wiring. Something wasn't connecting somewhere.

Sure enough, after a few wiggles, I located a loose wire. Aha!

Feeling empowered by my brilliance, I isolated the wire, figured out where it belonged and carefully secured it back in place. I couldn't wait to get off the ladder and give it a try.

Voilà! Worked like a charm.

Spiritual Application: If life is one big struggle for you, and nothing is working as it should, maybe you've come loose from the Source of power.


I'm linking to Spiritual Sundays.

15 comments:

  1. Oh.... this is another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. It's so important to stay intimately connected to the source. Even a loose connection can cause a malfunction in us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lesson ... and I'm impressed with your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loved this. I am soo impressed that you would persevere like that until the problem was solved. And what perfect and wonderful analogy. It's just soo true. Without that connection to our power source, we just aren't going to do much at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And BAM. She finishes with power. Loved the lesson at the end, and I am really impressed with your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lesson in life from your garage door opener.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great analogy! BTW, I had a problem a few years ago with my garage door going up on its on. Turns out other door openers in the area were interfering with my signal, and not in a good way. Yikes! Hope something like that doesn't happen to you. Now a days, a lot of wires are in the airwaves. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about such, but never experienced it. That would be way weird!

      Delete
  8. I think we've all had a loose wire from time to time! lol But thankfully, our God is only an adjustment away! When we reconnect with Him, He lovingly allows His current to flow! I also loved how you mentioned "one step at a time". So often, our problems can seem overwhelming. However, when together with God we tackle them one step at a time, He makes them so much more manageable!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the loose wires! I have them quite often. ;-)

      Delete
  9. Oh...good! I've had loose wires from time to time -- and they are always solved by reconnecting to the Source. What I love is that He doesn't jerk the wire in an effort to reconnect -- He gently isolates the wire and lovingly reconnects.

    Have a joy-filled week,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I am totally impressed. Every time ours stops working we end up calling a garage opener repair person. I love the way you used this illustration as well. Thanks for sharing this encouraging post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Retraction - Clif just walked in and I showed him this post. He said, "oh yeah, I've climbed up there and discovered loose wires and fixed them." So, we didn't "always" call a repairman. LOL

    ReplyDelete