Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Chicken Soup for the Soul"

At the risk of causing a national stampede, "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Mothers" will be in bookstores everywhere tomorrow. It's their first devotional for moms, and I'm honored to be a contributor. The stories I've read thus far are superb!

These books make great gifts for moms of all ages and stages, even moms-to-be. My story is on Page 355, and I believe it'll make you smile. It's called "Magical Mirth," and it starts like this:

(The Silly Kid)
"It was a rainy evening in December. School was out for the holidays, and after a long day of shopping, my six-year-old daughter was wound tighter than a top. Seeking solitude from her silliness, I put on a pot of coffee and retired to the den."

What happened next had us both in the floor laughing til we cried. Precious memories. How they linger.

Happy weekend to you all. Join me at Spiritual Sundays, where good people blog about good things.

16 comments:

  1. No doubt, that book will be a best seller. I love the Chicken Soup for the Soul series.
    Congratulations and much success to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already, I'm intrigued!
    I, too, love the "Chicken Soul" series, and can't wait to read the REST of your story.
    Congratulations, Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great "tease".
    Look out bookstore, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. I plan to get this one for my daughter-in-law who is a new mother.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome Gayle. So wonderful to be used for a high purpose of hope and inspiration.....

    Brava & Blessings....

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  6. way to go Gayle...that's so great. Chicken soup stories are the best. Looking forward to reading what made you guys crack up....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers! Congrats on your published piece ... I love LOVE these stories/books. Tomorrow the stores will be busy, for sure ...

    Have a beautiful Sunday ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  8. The "Chicken soup for the soul" have been very inspirational for a lot of people. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Chicken Soup books! I'm sure this is another winner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a tease. Now, of course, I want to hear the "rest of the story." I'm so glad you share with us each week. You and Dayle provide chicken soup for us every week.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting!I agree with Charlotte this was a tease;) I can't wait to read the rest.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I have to fit anew book in this weeks budget! I want to read the rest of your story. Blessings Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now, I have to get the book. It will make me quite proud, I have to say, to be able to point to your story and tell people that I know you.

    I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to see your name in print and know that your words were published and blessing others.

    I hope they're in books a million.
    That's the only local bookstore we have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to be so late with these congrats, BTW. I had a whirlwind of a weekend. That pesky life... getting in the way of the computer. Grin.

    ReplyDelete