Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hungering For God


For the last nine months, I've been walking through a desert. My faith has been strong, but the desert still looms. I know God knows. I know God sees. I know God cares. Other than that, that's all I know.

Today I've hungered for God. The words of an old chorus that we sang in church many decades ago keep spilling out of me, calling me to a place of solitude and prayer:

Shut in with God in a secret place.
There in the spirit, beholding His face.
Gaining new power to run in this race.
I love to be shut in with God.
 ______________

Thought for the Day: Sometimes it takes a desert to increase our thirst for righteousness.

5 comments:

  1. I remember that song! I think I understand what you're feeling, and I agree with your assessment. God will be ever more satisfying because of this desert experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY for stopping by my blog! What you posted on your blog is so true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you. I live in the desert as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel. I lost power in a storm last week. With no phone or computer, I spent the whole day with Him. Talk about being super charged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I encourage you as you walk through this desert to continue to be faithful. Your post so beautifully shows your faithfulness to Him in times of God's silence. You continue to hunger for Him, when you can't seem to hear Him speaking.
    May you continue to thirst and hunger after righteousness and be blessed in your journey.
    You have blessed my heart.
    Annesta

    ReplyDelete