Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Spontaneous Getaway to the Seashore


The sea has a way of lifting my head and lightening my load, so I made a quick getaway to the Island on Labor Day. It was a last-minute decision, and I was happy twin sister was able to join me. She makes everything better without saying a word.


Sitting on the beach, listening to the waves roll in, I considered the seagulls standing on the shore. Day, after day, they come, and day, after day, they find what they need to sustain them. Knowing I am more valuable than many seagulls to the one who made me brought a renewed sense of peace to my soul.



Dinner was fried oysters at one of our favorite spots.


Coffee and dessert was served on the balcony. 


And as the evening sun painted glorious hues around us, I thanked the Creator for the priceless gift of another day.


5 comments:

  1. You guys really are identical...I read Dayle's account of your Labor Day trip to the shore too :) I enjoyed both of your posts...and I don't think I like oysters but those sure look pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fried oysters are one of my favorite seafood dishes, and I love them on the half-shell, as well ... with a saltine cracker, a touch of horseradish sauce, some cocktail sauce, a little black pepper. Yum!

      Delete
    2. Ditto on what the twin said, Debby. Oysters have a different taste. You either like it or you don't. :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like bliss to me.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete