Monday, July 20, 2015

Tiny Details; Big God


My heart was heavy the day I stopped by the botanical gardens on my lunch break. I had never experienced such emotional pain, and I wasn't sure I could keep breathing. I had tunneled through dark places before, but in all my years of living, I had never faced a mountain of such vast proportions.

As I walked along the beautifully manicured pathways, talking to my Creator, I was suddenly drawn to the various flowers nearby, particularly the tiny ones. The intricate details of each minuscule bloom astounded me. Such perfection!

Suddenly, I was reminded of how big God is, and that he is able to do "exceedingly abundantly" above all that I can ask or think. No matter what tomorrow held, God was bigger, and not only was he concerned about the big burdens I carried, he cared about the tiniest details of my life, too. It was just the reminder I needed to keep breathing for another day. ♦

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21


I'm linking up with:
Judith's Mosaic Monday at Lavender Cottage
Joan's Sharing His Beauty

8 comments:

  1. I love, love Ephesians 3:20-21.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are in pain, I wish you well. Lovely post and images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. God is my strength.

      Delete
  3. I was encouraged by this verse at church this Sunday. A missionary friend home for a bit from Bangladesh shared the needs and the blessings they face. I have a few giant mountains I am looking to God to remove and my hope is in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite part from the gardener's prayer "one is nearer God's heart in a garden than anywhere else on earth" makes me think you found this serenity and I hope it has lightened your heart.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Hugs are good, and thank you. :-)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for such an encouraging word ... from the Word!! Blessing to you and yours

    ReplyDelete