Friday, July 18, 2014

Being Filled to Fulfill

After almost a week of being cooped inside the house with a fever and sore throat, dining on sandwiches and chips just wasn't cutting it anymore. My body needed hot (if not terribly nourishing) food. A quick dash to Jack-in-the-Box could solve that problem, but, alas, the dash didn't happen. Dead battery. Unhappy, hungry me.

After a few text messages and phone calls, a new battery was installed. One turn of the ignition, and life began again.

As I backed down the driveway, I thought about my car without a battery. It looked great. It sat great. Nice tires. An engine under the hood. Plenty of gasoline. Plenty of oil. A beautiful piece of machinery, but totally useless for all intents and purposes.

Likewise, if Christians are to fulfill their purpose in lifeto be the hands, the feet and the mouthpiece of Godlooking good isn't enough. We have to have the Spirit of God under our hoods, filling us with power to go, and do, and speak. Without it, we are useless jars of clay, offering nothing of value to our sin-sick world.


"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God."
Romans 8:14

I'm linking to Spiritual Sundays.

6 comments:

  1. So true! You need some chicken soup for real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken soup would've been wonderful, Vee. Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoyed your blog. I agree on all fronts.

      Delete
  2. This is so true, Gayle...that is a really good comparison!. I never want to be a dead Christian. Thank you for this great post. I hope your weekend is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby! I hope your weekend is blessed, as well.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you've been sick and hope you're feeling much better now. Wish we lived close to each other. You speak the truth...preach on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful analogy! May we always take the time to let Him recharge our souls. Hope you are feeling better & were able to get something nourishing to eat. Visiting this morning from Spiritual Sundays. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete