Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Long, Gone Days of March

Can you believe it's April already? Me neither. Here are a few pictures (and a rambling narrative) of how March went for me.

My daughter moved.
I took some time off to assist her as best I could. Thanks to my beloved brother-in-law and twin sis for also pitching in. Nothing like family. On the final night at Leslie's apartment, with boxes stacked to the roof:


Miss Audrey plays without a clue.
(This photo makes me weak. Love the tiny feet and blonde hair.)

She gets a final bath in the sink.

And thrills us all in her towel.

She "helps" Mommy dismantle the drapes in the bedroom.

 
And entertains herself in her play pen.

And falls asleep atop her fuzzy bear, without a care in the world.

By evening, she would be examining their new place, complete with her own bedroom.

Here she is, checking out the closets. She has a "thing" for doors.

And a thing for this little duck.


Everything seemed to pass inspection.

My daughter gets a big promotion.
She's been on the job less than a year, but she's already impressed her bosses in a big way. Her new title is Executive Administrator. Several people will report directly to her. It was cause for celebration, and so we did at the Black Walnut Cafe.


I reunited with comrades.
In 2007, I attended a self-help seminar in Dallas called Discovery!. It was one of the most memorable weekends ever, and I made friends for life. On the 15th, a few of the Dallas and Houston alumni met up for a time of food and fellowship at the home of Melissa and Donnie Brown. It was a wonderful time of strolling down memory lane with wonderful people.


I got new windows.
Woohoo! I've wanted new windows since buying my house in 2008. Although it had been remodeled, the windows were original to the house, which is about 40 years old. As a result, Old Man Winter was hard to keep out, and a lot of cold air escaped during the sizzling months of summer, not to mention the noise factor from the neighbors and neighborhood. It was a sizable investment, but they look beautiful, and I have no regrets.


Audrey learns the spider song.
Just like her mother, she has been intrigued with music since her birth almost. The minute anyone sings, she is all eyes and ears. She loves songs with hand gestures, and her current favorite is "Itsy, Bitsy Spider." Here is her interpretation.


The azaleas bloomed and I went cruising.
Every spring, I look forward to seeing the neighborhood all abloom. The azaleas rarely disappoint, and this year was no exception. I also love bluebonnets, the official state flower of Texas. Sadly, they aren't as prevalent here as they were in my former home of Dallas, but you can still find them if you look. On the final weekend in March, I hopped in the car and went looking. MapQuest led me astray, and I only found a handful, but I still enjoyed the warm, sunny afternoon with the windows down, away from the big city.


And that's about it, my friends. April will be memories before you know it. Seize each moment and make it count. ♦

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy month for sure! Congrats to your daughter...I know you must be so proud of her...and little Audrey is just as cute as a button. The azaleas are not our here yet but after today's rain and this weeks supposed warm temps, it should be any minute now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your daughter! Audrey looks so very tiny....I do love those feet too. She is adorable.
    Sounds like a great month. Sisters are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter on her promotion AND her new digs. Audrey is as beautiful as the rest of your family and so grown up looking in those pictures. (Sorry to make you cry, but she is... WHY must time fly so fast?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. March is history. I'm glad I got to share in some momentous occasions with you, twin sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sure was a loaded month for you guys! You must be quite satisfied with your new windows. I understand the reasons on why you got them, and they look quite important. Windows are supposed to protect from the outside, and if they aren't doing their job, they have to be upgraded. You got to make sure everything's working out fine for little Audrey, right? Btw, little Audrey is so adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    Fred Richardson @ SGK Home Solutions

    ReplyDelete