Friday, August 2, 2013

Me + Faith = Peace

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:6-7 (NIV)
 

 
Over the past few weeks, my place of employment has put some cost-cutting measures into place that have resulted in people losing their jobs.
 
As an HR person, I am generally aware of who is being laid off in advance, and I always pray for those employees scheduled to go. I pray that they find other jobs (even better jobs) really soon. That they will not feel inadequate or unqualified in their fields. That their self-esteem doesn't suffer.

In reality, no private sector job is safe anymore, and I know that my job could easily be next. Occasionally, that thought brings me stress.
 
But not for long.

My faith isn't in my employer, after all. My faith is in God. One provides a paycheck, the other supplies my need. I might be without employment tomorrow, but I won't ever be without. God is my source, and he will provide. That thought brings me peace. ♦

I'm linking to Spiritual Sundays, where faith lifts are free.

12 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how unnerving that would be. I love your attitude though. Praying you continue to have peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree soo much. That thought is what we MUST cling to in this constantly changing, ever precarious world! He NEVER wavers, and NEVER changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No private sector job is safe anymore either. As one who experienced first hand the effect of this economy on those out there trying to make a living, I know that I have to live day by day and not take anything for granted. The ONLY thing that keeps me from crazy is supernatural peace. It's the peace of God alone that keeps me from being fearful, and to be very honest? It keeps my anger at bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I meant "private" sector job, Debbie. I'll go correct it. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Public sector jobs are pretty safe. Not matter what you do. Ha!

      Delete
    2. Dittos on the "anger at bay." Been there; struggled with that.

      Delete
  4. I love your faith. It makes me feel better and reminds me that I need to have more faith too. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gayle,

    What would we do without our faith? I am so glad I know who holds tomorrow, aren't you? Thanks for such a lovely post.

    Have a blessed weekend.

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for such an encouraging post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was not until I became unemployed that I realized my faith was not in who I thought it was. Now that I have realigned that area of my life you are right, oh the peace that it brings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Gayle,

    Beautifully said and beautifully written! Just as God takes care of the birds by feeding them he will take care of us. Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very encouraging post ~ it was so good for me to read your words :)

    ReplyDelete