Friday, June 21, 2013

Audrey Emeline Has Arrived

 
Tuesday morning, just as I stepped out of the car at work, my phone rang. It was my very pregnant daughter on the other end. "Mom, I think we need to go to the hospital." And from there, one crazed grandmother-to-be raced down I-45, with hazards flashing, making her way to her daughter's place of abode. She broke a few laws getting there, but she didn't get caught.

 
Upon arrival at the hospital, daughter was dilated 4-5 centimeters, and Miss Audrey Emeline was delivered at 2:59 p.m. Nonni cut the cord.


It's been an exhilerating, exhausting and amazing few days. Audrey and her mom have been resting at Nonni's since yesterday. More pictures will follow, of course, but for now, Audrey and I are bonding. Blogging can wait.

10 comments:

  1. Precious baby girl! So happy all went well and you are loving this time. Love and hugs to you and your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the wonderful news from your blabbermouth wombmate. I am so happy for you, and I think she is absolutely beautiful! Have a wonderful time bonding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo happy for you! She is just precious! Enjoy every single little moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Gayle, I'm so happy for you and Leslie. Audrey is so beautiful and so loved ... and God is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you will enjoy every minute of it.
    Mother and daughter are beautiful and so is Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thrilled for you, Gayle. I'm thrilled for Leslie too, of course. Both you and Leslie are just oozing with love and pride!! Audrey is beautiful and I would so love to hold her. I almost cried when I read you cut the cord. That's priceless. Oh I just love all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you for being a first time grandma...there is nothing like it! Also to your daughter....Audrey is beautiful. Looking forward to more pics and stories about her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow she is beautiful, love a new born... congratulations grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's captured our hearts already. Precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete