Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Grand Title for a Grand Role



I've had a hard time deciding what my grandchild will call me, so over the weekend, Leslie gave me a "Grandparent Quiz." You answer a list of 20 questions, and, based on your answers, a name is selected for you. The name chosen for me was Glamma. Ha! We both laughed out loud.

Glamma is unique, for sure, but after considering all the names out there, I've finally settled on:

~ Nonni ~

It seems easy for a child to say, and, to me, it conjures up images of all things warm and fuzzy. (I hear some of you snickering out there, but I can be warm and fuzzy. I really can.)

We hope to find out the gender tomorrow. Nonni is really excited about that! Baby retailers are probably excited, too. :)

6 comments:

  1. Nonni is one of my favorite grandmother names and I bet you will be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dianne! I'll give it my all.

      Delete
  2. Glamma!! I absolutely must share that idea with a few friends of mine. They are definitely "Glammas". I like Nonni, though, and can see you as a Nonni.
    As for me? I have decided that we will be Mimi and Poppy. (My husband hasn't decided that he agrees, but...) In fact, I label toys for the attic "Mimi and Poppy". LOL


    That little one is coming to one special family. What a blessed child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of Glamma! Thought it was really cute, but not exactly ME!! I like Mimi and Poppy. My ex's mom was/is Mimi, and her daughter is now Mimi. No Poppys.

      Delete
  3. I love the name grandma, all six of our grand children call me that, the other name my sister in law is called Grammy. And I like grandpa or papa.
    Congratulations~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grandma to my daughter's dog, so I've got the best of both worlds I guess. :-)

      Delete