Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Week in Review

Monday ~ After a crazy day at work, it was nice gathering with family for dinner at Shelaine's and Shawn's home (my niece and her spouse), celebrating Big Sister's upcoming birthday. These lasagna cupcakes excited me greatly. So good!


Tuesday ~ I had a dentist appointment to see what was causing me pain. The news wasn't good. As a consolation prize, I stopped in at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner (and cheesecake, of course). A spoonful boatload of sugar, helped the medicine go down.

 
Wednesday ~ The bad news at the dentist had to be taken care of pronto, so I scheduled a morning appointment. As expected, my lips were too numb to operate for a few hours, so I opted to work from home the rest of the day. With temps in the low 80's, and no humidity to speak of, it had it's perks.
 

Thursday ~ After work, I met up with a former co-worker to wind down on the patio at Landry's. It's a favorite spot of mine for winding down.  We caught up over oyster po-boys. The weather was divine.

 
Friday ~ It was a quiet day at work, so I headed home a little early. My garden needed a drink, and a few weeds needed pulling, so I spent a few minutes puttering in the yard.


♦ ♦ ♦
 I hope your week has been a good one. No matter how you spent it, each day was a gift from God. 
 
I'm looking forward to making memories with my daughter and granddog today. Monday will be here before I'm ready.
 
Until we meet again, my friends, may the Lord bless and keep you.

 

♦ ♦ ♦

4 comments:

  1. Well, except for the dentist part, your week sounds pretty good. Lasagna cupcakes? They look scrumptious. Share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise, I'll see what I can do. :-)

      Delete
  2. Glad to see that the garden is doing well. Well enough for weeds!
    Cute sandles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden is looking well. I've been meaning to ask. We'll have to plan a candlelit dinner out there when the weather is cool enough to really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete