Monday, August 27, 2012

A Special Prayer


While driving my daughter home from the airport last night, I breathed thanks to God for bringing her back safe and sound. Over that same weekend, long-time acquaintances lost their 23-year-old daughter in a car accident.

I can't imagine coping after such great loss, and although there are no easy answers as to why bad things happen to good people, Scripture teaches us that it does rain on the just and the unjust.

However, as Christians, we sorrow not as those without hope. Along with our grief, comfort can be found.

One of my favorite passages of Scripture is John 14, where Jesus said: "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

Today, my prayer is that the Comforter will surround the Treadway family with his unfailing arms of love as they mourn the loss of their beloved daughter. ♦

6 comments:

  1. Oh how sad....I honestly just can't imagine the pain of such a tragedy. I too join you in prayer that they might find comfort in the arms of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. Also say a prayer for their other daughter who was critically injured in the accident.

      Delete
  2. I will be in this prayer circle with you, beginning today. I don't have any "extra" words. This would be a huge one to me and something that ONLY the power of God can heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you mind giving any update regarding their other daughter? You can do it through this blog or email (wordsonwheels@live.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, Debbie. I will offer updates as I have them.

      Delete
    2. Debbie, I have heard that the other daughter is expected to recover, but I don't know any details.

      Delete