Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 ~ The Year In Pictures

This has been a year of unexpected struggles for me. A year of dealing with what is and what won't ever be again. Some of the struggles I thought were behind me. Others have been new skirmishes on new terrain. However, where shadows are, sunshine is, too. Overall, it was a good year and one of the fastest ones that I can recall.

2011 - Looking Back

January - Holding Ainsley for the first time.


February - Showing off my first painting after my first (and only) class.

March - Getting ahead of spring-cleaning.

 April - Watching the waves on Galveston Island.

May - Making memories on Mother's Day weekend.

June - A month of sun, fun, fresh veggies and lampshades.

July - Babysitting Miss Ainsley.

August - Nana house-sits and Ainsley entertains.

September - Birthday month for Nana and "official" picture time.

October - A road trip to the Smokies with Twin Sis.

November - Seeing what the Nutcracker Market is all about.


December - A month of giving, receiving and special birthdays.
_________________

Happy New Year to you and yours. I hope 2012 is a year of prosperity, promise and peace.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, my dear friend. I hope it brings you everything you want. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to that "one" painting after one class, my dear. Many writers and musicians paint, and vice versa ... it's simply a matter of medium. At times one discipline or the other satisfies or inspires. It's wonderful to have many outlets of expression. My point in posting is, "stir up the [other] gift that is in you." :-)
    I'm going to email two sites to you to study: one is a practical "how to" (since I can't be there to instruct!) The other is an art forum many writers, musicians, and artists frequent. You'll love it because it deals with the common problems to all.
    Beyond all that, I'm looking to blessings for you in the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you...may the Lord richly bless you with His very best in 2012. HUGS, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle,
    Your painting is beautiful. So is Ainsley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a blessing to live down the sreet from each other, sharing in each others lives. I love you and hope the New Year brings all your heart desires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wbat a lovely post! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete