Saturday, June 25, 2011

Give and Receive


The story of Jesus feeding five thousand is one of my favorites in the Bible. What a miracle! And so many life lessons there.

When the disciples told Jesus that a little boy had five loaves and two fish, Jesus said, "Bring them here to me." Notice, he didn't ask for what they didn't have, or for what the situation required. He only needed what they had.

I wonder how many miracles we've forfeited because we didn't bring what we had to God. Instead of giving in the offering Sunday morning, we clung to our cash, knowing a bill was coming due and funds were already too low to pay it. The little boy's lunch-for-one was multiplied thousands of times over, of course, but only after he surrendered it to the Master.

Food for Thought: When placed in God's hands, what you have can become much more than you need.
_______________

Join me at Spiritual Sundays.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! It says what I was trying to say on my post today at www.caleb-story.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome share, Gayle. TYSM.
    Have a great week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this post,thank-you.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever read Max Lucado's children's book, "Small Gifts in God's Hands?" It's on this subject and by far the best one I've read. I cannot read it without tears. A thought provoking question "What miracles were forfitted by failing to bring what we have to God?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very thought provoking post, I love the question at the end. Thank you for sharing and getting me thinking!

    Blessings,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. We limit God so many times by our lack of faith and our lack of giving. Beautiful thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true. Faith and trust is the key. (Are the keys?) Thank you for sharing this encouraging post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete