Monday, January 10, 2011

Resolutions

This year I'm resolving to do things that I've always wanted to do but never took time to do them. Nothing earth-moving, understand. Just simple things that appeal to me.

For starters, I'm going to take painting classes. Since I was a kid, I've been amazed at what paints, brushes and skilled hands can produce. I don't expect to be an expert when the class is over, but I do expect to have loads of fun along the way. Maybe I'll even create something worthy of a wall.

Next on my list is to re-decorate my guest room with garage sale and flea market finds. I've considered it many times over the last two years, but I've never committed and taken the leap. This year, I'm diving in. It might take me a few weekends (maybe many weekends) to find what I want, but what fun I'll have looking!

My friend Ann wants me to take shooting lessons with her, and I've agreed. As a single woman, I feel safer with a weapon, and I'd like to get better skilled in that area of life. Ann has friends who own property, and I think it'll be fun to return to the Wild West every now and then and hit some targets.

Some say that guns are bad and kill people, but it's people who kill people. And if a person wants to kill, he doesn't need a gun. Just ask Jesus Christ.

I'm sure I'll embark on other exciting things over the next 12 months, but these three should keep me busy for awhile. Wish me well.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Gayle, I do wish you well and as an artist let me add this--"paint freely and loosely and make up your own rules as you go along" -- you will have a blast!

    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take me with you for all three adventures! Please, pick me!

    Hehe ... seriously, you will have a blast and I know you've talked about painting lessons for a long time, and we've even said we were "going to do it" together. Alas ... we procrastinate. I'd still like to give it a try. Remember those "masterpieces" I painted. Our sweet mother even hung them on her wall for some time. Bless her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling that you will paint well. There seems to be a creativity gene in your family. Have you noticed that?

    We don't own a gun, and I know that we really do need one. The husband would like me to take a shooting class first, though. I have procrastinated it.

    Will you show us the flea market room? That would inspire me.

    And, Gayle, I can't tell you what your recent words of encouragement meant to me. I just sort of sat there and stared at it. I can't for the life of me think of a "market" for the type of rambling that I do, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to be back into the blog world with you all again. I just started this morning! You will have to take pictures of your paintings so that we can all witness your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your spunk! I'm on a similar journey as well. Eager to try new things this year. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great list...i want to take a painting class, too
    may your efforts be MORE than successful ;)

    ReplyDelete