Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Year and A New Mantel

And now it's 2014. I understand the symbolism behind the practice of making resolutions, but in reality, a new year is no different than a new day. With every sunrise, new mercies appear, along with new opportunities to try harder and live better than we did the day before. I pray I don't squander the time I am blessed with in 2014.



Of course, a new year demands a new mantel, and I decided to showcase my three Willow Tree figurines. Each one was given to me as a gift, and each one has great significance.


My twin sister gave me the "Angel of Hope" during a difficult season.


Leslie gave me the "Mother and Daughter" after divorce left us with each other.


And on my first Grandparents Day last year, she gave me this "Grandmother" figurine.
I smile every time I see it.


Life is so fragile, my friends, and we aren't promised tomorrow. But I hope you are blessed with many beautiful tomorrows during the coming year, and that you seize each moment of every new day.

♦   ♦   ♦

Sharing at:

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful mantel, Gayle! And those sweet figurines...I have the exact same grandmother one :) It seems like making good use of our time is on everyone's mind...I posted about it last night and today at church our pastor started a new series entitled 30 Days to Live...wow can you imagine living everyday like you only has 30 days left? Something to ponder, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mantel and the pretty willow angels.. A lovely display! Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stoppin in from Amaze me Monday...your mantel is perfect! Now that Christmas is put away, I have some very bare places to fill ! Your Willow Tree ornaments must be so special to you....thanks for sharing them with us, your mosaic looks wonderful with them all together. I appreciate your words that each day is new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your mantel is so pretty and I love that you included the angels that are so special to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you decorated your mantle. I love Willow Tree! I have a few too. Sending you best wishes for 2014. Hugs to you, dear sister friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gayle! It's nice to "meet" you. This is my first visit. I love your mantle. It is so pretty and wonderful for the winter months. I am your newest follower via GFC. I hope you will drop by for a visit and follow me back. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel is truly beautiful. Puts a lump in my throat. What a meaningful way to take your first steps into 2014. May it be blessed one hundred fold for you, Gayle.

    Happy highways,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mantel is warm and lovely. I'm working on one today so I'm glad to be getting some inspiration. I happen to love Willow Tree. Yours are particularly special because there is a story attached to each one.

    Hoping that this year ahead adds GOOD stories to your life story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gayle! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete