Sunday, December 22, 2013

Easy Lemon Coolers


If you're needing a quick gift for a neighbor, or a co-worker, or anybody, here is a simple and quick cookie recipe sure to please.

Lemon Coolers (soft and chewy)

Ingredients:
1 package lemon cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
1 regular-sized container of Cool Whip, thawed
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1-2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted (or not)


Baking directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together cake mix, whipped topping and egg. Dough will be sticky.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls into flat plate covered in powdered sugar.
4. Roll to coat and shape into small balls.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not brown!
Makes 4 dozen small cookies.

Here is how they look going into the oven...


...and coming out of the oven.


And these cookies are the perfect size for small holiday tins.


A great way to say, Merry Christmas!


Sharing at Mosaic Monday.

9 comments:

  1. These cookies are amazing. I eat way too many whenever I bake up a batch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Me, too. I usually consume one of the dozen while baking. :-)

      Delete
  2. I have some cookies in my oven, right now!
    Thought I'd check out what some of my friends are doing.
    Yours look really good. Cake mix? That is amazing.
    Mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good cookie recipe that is easy too. Merry Christmas. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lemon cookies look yummy!
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple to make and they look yummy. Wishing to a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious, Gayle. Such great photos - I wish I could pick one off the screen and pop it into my mouth.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUM! These look heavenly....can't believe only those ingredients! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I baked these I'd eat every one of them. They look wonderful and I love lemon.
    Merry Christmas, Gayle!

    ReplyDelete