Saturday, May 18, 2013

Savoring the Moments ~ The Week in Review

Early in the week, I took dinner to my daughter after work. She wasn't feeling very well. She lives in a beautiful apartment in The Woodlands, about 15 minutes from my house. It's surrounded by trees, and is quite peaceful overall.


While there, I snapped a few shots of her little spot for Audrey, who is due the 17th of June. I think it's turned out so adorable. I love the colors she chose, and I'm a big sucker for all things birds. My mother did this piece for her baby bed. The sign was custom made from Etsy.

 
I painted the letters. Yay! I'm not a big DIYer, but they turned out quite lovely I thought.Friday, my favorite playmate came over for a few hours. It had been way too long. It seemed like she'd grown six inches since I saw her last. Sigh. We had such fun. I love her to pieces.
 
 
This morning, after having some electrical projects done at the house, I headed to a local farm where fresh veggies are sold every summer. I couldn't wait to load up.
 

If you've never had a tomato sandwich (with vine-ripened tomatoes only, of course), you've not lived. This simple, Southern gal could exist on these summertime delicacies for a very long time.

And guess who is at Nonni's house for the weekend? The granddog. She's been a very good girl. One of her favorite things to do in the backyard is explore Nonni's flower garden. I hold my breath every time she meanders over there, praying the tender plants survive.

I hope your week was perfect, and I hope the week ahead is all you hope for. ♦

3 comments:

  1. Love everything about this post! The only thing I would change is I would be there in the big middle of it all! :)

    Love Audrey's space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery shot are one of my two favorite parts. Bet you can guess who is the star of the other one. It all looks adorable. Have I mentioned that I even love the name? It's a beautiful old name that I'm glad is coming back into vogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nursery--

    Tomato and mayonaise sandwiches--one of my very favorites foods right behind biscuits and gravy!!

    ReplyDelete