Saturday, July 21, 2012

Helping Others Helps You


Recently, I had the opportunity to help someone financially. It wasn't much, but as she thanked me profusely, I told her that my gift to her would be a blessing to me in the end. And, just as I expected, it was. This week I received an "out of the blue" check in the mail, worth three times what I had given to my friend.

You really can't outgive God. Find someone in need today, and see for yourself. ♦

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over." - Luke 6:38

I'm linking to Spiritual Sundays, where faith lifts are free.

8 comments:

  1. God is good and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful story.
    What a wonderful heart you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be my fourth attempt to comment (something is clearly wrong with Blogger). Anyway ... what I've been trying to say is simply, "Amen!" Blessing others is a sure way to be blessed yourself. Love you, sweet sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to this for sure....it is just so true. We can never out give Him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have proved this to be true. It's not a quick rich scheme, rather a "you can't out-give God."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Providentially, that was the very jumping off verse for the lessons that I've taught the past two weeks.

    And you are right. You can't outgive God. He already gave His one and only Son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true. No one can out give God. And He certainly honors those who are generous to share with others. Thank you for this testimony.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete