Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday in Sugar Land

There isn't anything more precious to me than time spent with family. Today, my big sister, along with her daughter, granddaughter (Ainsley the Adorable) and son-in-law headed a few miles south to the beautiful city of Sugar Land, where my daughter works and lives. Leslie had invited her kindred to do lunch together, and God gave us a perfect afternoon. Blue skies. Sunshine. Temps in the 80s. Low humidity--something Houston rarely sees when the weather is warm.

We made memories over Mexican food, did a little shopping and just enjoyed being with each other. Those who couldn't make it were missed, but maybe we can have another gathering soon.

I love my family dearly. Each of us have burdens we bear, but God is ever mindful of us, and I am ever grateful.

My sweet niece and her hubby.

My sweet daughter and Miss Ainsley.

Me and Sugar Pie.

Ainsley and Nanna, enjoying the open window of Escalante's.

Miss Priss, circling the table, checking things out.

Ainsley and Nanna.

Hand-in-Hand.

Entertaining shoppers at Nordstrom Rack.

She shopped till she dropped.

5 comments:

  1. I love all of the pictures and must've looked at them a dozen times already. :) I miss everybody bunches! Glad y'all had a great day in Sugar Land. (Love the name of that city.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet love in every photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you probably know just how much I get this one. I love to spend time with my family more than anything I can think of. I'm even blessed to be able to cram into a pew and worship with them.

    Your family is beautiful, and your photos show a lot of love on faces.

    And Miss Shop Till You Drop is adorable, especially in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day for lovely people.
    I loved the photos. . .Ainsley is adorable
    and I LOVE the blonde curls!!

    ReplyDelete