Friday, March 11, 2011

Abiding Faith


After a week of valleys and plateaus, I was seeking a few uplifting words of faith for the journey, you might say. Some reassurances of God's all-seeing eye in the affairs of mankind. Well, I'm happy to report that I found some words of faith: In my very own blogpost, after post, after post. "God knows." "God sees." "God cares."

It wasn't the first time I've been my own inspiration. Countless times I've thumbed through old journals and found words I penned during times of great loss, lighting the pathway for today. Or maybe I woke up singing one of my songs, written decades ago, bringing hope to my heart again.

I love it when that happens. Not because I'm somebody special, understand, but because looking back and seeing how my faith has endured—through famine and feast, sunshine and rain, midnight and morning—is the best faith-builder there is.

Some say it's silly to believe that God is aware of mere mortals, or that he has anything to do with anything that happens in life, but I disagree. His Word says otherwise, and I choose to believe that no matter how small the problem in my hand might be, God knows, he sees, and he cares.

If you're doubting that today, my friend, you've not clicked on my blog by accident. He knew, he saw and he cared. Embrace his promises and be blessed.
____________________

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows," Luke 12:6-7 (NIV).


I'm linking to Spiritual Sundays, a great place to find inspiration.

11 comments:

  1. I loved this, twin sis, and I love YOU! There's nothing more encouraging than to look back and see how God brought us through tough times. He'll do it again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. I'm so glad that I came here this morning, and NOT by accident, either. I keep prayers in a journal. It's amazing to see His hand through it.

    God knows. God sees. God cares.
    I think I should scatter those words around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle - I was thinking of that same scripture and almost wrote about it for Spiritual Sundays. You are right I didn't come here by accident.

    You are right, looking back at how God has proved Himself and His faithfulness to us is one of the greatest ways of encouragement. Never will He leave us, never will He forsake us.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to Spiritual Sunday, nothing is by accident. The Holy Spirit is truly at work, ministering to His people and witnessing to those who do not know God. Alleluia. Amen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God knows...God sees....God cares. can't hear this enough. Thanks so much Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you Gayle. Thank you for sharing this insight.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gayle,
    This happened to me yesterday! I was reading Chickie's "biography", a book I have written in since she was a baby, and all through the years I can see how God intervened and cared for her where she was, when she was visiting her dad's house, or in other hard parts of her life.
    He is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have a hard time thinking that there are people out there who still doubt.Thank-you for sharing this,and you always inspire me,thank-you.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your blog and words of encouragement. I keep notes of so many writers and Bible Study. They are as fresh to me while I found each time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! So thankful for the truth of this post. And for you who reminded me again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, God knows, God sees, and God cares. Thank you for this encouraging post :)

    ReplyDelete