Monday, July 5, 2010

What's In Your Hand?


Lori Rose was my gift today. She requested my friendship on Facebook and related how our paths had crossed over 30 years ago.

She was a 15-year-old new convert, fresh out of witchcraft. I was a young woman, offering what gifts I'd been given back to the Giver, in hopes of changing a life. Lori purchased my music, and I traveled on—to another city, another state, another congregation.

One sentence in Lori's message gripped my heart and still makes me cry: "You will never know the impact your music had on this previous hard rocker."

As tears dripped off my chin, I wrote Lori back and told her how much it meant, knowing that my small seed had produced good things in her life. I felt humbled, and grateful, and blessed. Little Me in the hands of Big Him. I hope Lori felt what my words couldn't say.

If your gift seems insignificant and small today, don't bury it in the ground. Place it in the hands of the Giver, and watch it grow.
_________

"And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.
He said, Bring them hither to me."
Matthew 14:17

7 comments:

  1. This is so touching. What a beautiful gift... Lori Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How glorious for God and you. We never know how He will make those tiny seeds we plant grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a golden moment when you are given a glimpse into what He has done through you.

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful gift! i love this..."if your gift seems insignificant and small today, don't bury it in the ground. Place it in the hands of the Giver, and watch it grow."
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully said. In HIS hands, there is no small gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly can't think of a better gift in the whole world than being told how God used you in the life of another.

    What a beautiful thing to unwrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GAIL! Iiiiiii never said make it public. I never said not to... From CCR, Janis Joplin, and more, your music and Lance Appleton's and others became my trade off.God gives the best gifts.
    Some of us have been torn and tattered, but we are STILL on the journey. WOW!!! What a journey!!!! With Jesus by my side I dont want to miss a step of it.
    Thank You Gayle... tell Elain thanks too.
    I'm gonna make it!
    Lori Rose

    ReplyDelete