Friday, April 8, 2016

Same Trees; Different Season


If you follow my blog, you might remember the photo on the left. I snapped it during lunch on a cold February day. The barren branches reminded me of myself, and I referenced it hereThe photo on the right was taken this week, and—wow! What a difference a season makes.

The same is true in life. Some seasons, we thrive, and other seasons, we're dead trees standing. When it comes to spiritual matters, I'm glad the Master Gardener doesn't chop us down during the harsh days of winter. I'm glad he loves us in our barrenness and waits patiently for spring. 


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Yes, praise His name, He often waits for us to catch up to the season He has allowed us to be in. I am so thankful He is a long-suffering God, and I am learning to lean into Him and His plan more and more. It is so much easier to do that than to try to fight against it...even when it looks so barren. God bless you, dear friend, and as the spring brings beautiful changes to the trees, so may your season blossom into a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And aren't we so glad he doesn't chop us down! Perfect analogy. Life is ever changing, isn't it? Enjoy your weekend, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and comparison ~

    Happy Weekend to you, ^_^

    ReplyDelete