Monday, December 28, 2015

Monday Musings

I took off work this week, hoping to do nothing, but so far, I've worked most of the day from home. In between emails and phone calls, I've done a little house cleaning, sheet swapping and washing clothes.

Of course, I did some cooking, too. I almost always do cooking when I'm home. Today's "blue plate special" was vegetable soup and cornbread muffins.


The soup is my go-to dish when I have veggies that are nearing their "use 'em or lose 'em" status. Celery. Onion. Carrots. Potatoes. Add chicken broth, a can of tomatoes, salt and pepper. It never disappoints, and is perfect for cold, gray days like today.


The muffins were a new recipe, and they turned out scrumptiously good. The texture was almost biscuit-like, and who doesn't like biscuits?

I also spent some time on my knees in prayer today, giving thanks and making my requests known to God. As the tears rolled down my face and dripped onto the bed where I was kneeling, I felt God's presence in the room, and I knew he understood each tear that fell. How grateful I am for an omniscient God, who knows our grief and carries us when our strength is gone.

Well, the afternoon light is fading now. I think I'll put some logs in the fireplace, heat some apple cider and call it a blessed day. 


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28 (NIV)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sending you a BIG HUG!
    This post touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Christine, here's one from me.

    *hug*
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an awesome cook and that soup sounds like one I make too. Sometimes I add a little elbow macaroni. Corn muffins look delicious.

    Hugs to you and bunches of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah...nothing like yummy soup and biscuits on a cold, gray day. It's comfort food at it's finest. I think broccoli cheese might be on my agenda for this coming weekend....winter temp are returning after we have been in the 80's! I love my alone time with the Lord...talk about comfort! He knows our every need before we even know it ourselves. Hugs to you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete