Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I Love Trees


I've been fascinated with trees since I was a young girl, playing chase under a beautiful Mimosa. The fuzzy blooms dazzled me, along with their sweet, delicious aroma. I never considered how messy the tree was, but I'm sure Daddy did—every time he mowed.


After my divorce in 2002, I bought a house surrounded by tall pines. For sure, pine trees are beyond messy, but their soaring beauty always leaves me in awe.


And if you're looking for me around lunchtime, you'll probably find me here, parked under these sprawling branches. I don't just eat here though; I often sing, and pray, and count my many blessings.

I hope the tree stands forever. It reminds me of my Father's love, hovering over me, keeping me sheltered, keeping me safe. ♦


5 comments:

  1. Ah...kindred spirits here! I LOVE this tree and posted about it's beauty a couple of months back! Lovely feather-like blossoms that that just make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post--I, too, love trees of all kinds--my favorite is the weeping willow--and yes, they are very messy--but to me, a weeping willow set in the proper scene with plenty of room to grow and tell its story is one of the most beautiful sights you'll ever see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on loving trees! The huge oak tree we played under as children may now be gone, but I attribute my love for trees to it.

    ReplyDelete