Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring is Springing!

It was the perfect day for escaping the office at lunchtime, and I couldn't resist the arboretum nearby. The intoxicating fragrance of blooms greeted me at the front gate. In a few weeks the gardens will be awash in color, but I love the initial bursts of spring that come and go so quickly. Tulips, for instance. Cherry blossoms. Dogwoods. Redbuds. Azaleas. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

Winding ribbons of color. Thank you, Lord, for the wonderous works of your hands.

The white tulips took my breath away. "Amazing" isn't almost sufficient.

It had been awhile since I saw a blue sky.

The pines seemed to go on forever. Only the Creator could make it so.

I loved this fuzzy little bloom. Not sure what it is.

Bluebonnets. Made me homesick for Dallas.

A few lingering azaleas. Our endless rains stripped the bushes almost as they bloomed.

Daffodils. One of my springtime favorites.

Such a stunning shade of blue!









Anybody? I don't know what it is.

I loved this blooming tree, draped over the little walkway. Fuchsia. A fav color of mine.

Even the goldfish seemed to know that winter was past. How gracefully they glide through the water.

And finally....

The minute I saw the name of this herb, I had to snap a pic.
I think I've been called this on more than one occasion.

♥ ♥ ♥

I'm linking to:

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. Those white tulips are stunning. A happy spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and flowers. Visiting from Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A favorite hang-out for me. So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gayle,

    My, you work in a GORGEOUS place! I love your blue sky.

    Please return and tell me what you think of my BLUE NAILS post.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of flowers and blues! Glad I stopped by. enjoy a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what glorious images of spring you captured! It does seem like it has been a long time coming, doesn't it? Love that last shot...lol!!

    ReplyDelete