Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mosaic Monday ~ Finding Fall


We had a smidgen of cold cool weather last week, so I finally put summer away and brought fall in for another season. It's my favorite season, and my house is ready-made for itlots of oranges and blues. Fun, fun.

Speaking of the cool weather last week, if you live in the north, you would laugh yourself silly at Houstonians when the weather dips below 80. Sweaters come out of mothballs, and boots go on the feet. We know we won't get to wear our winter things long, so we make the most of it, I suppose. If it weren't so pathetic, it would be sad. Don't you agree?

Happy Monday, y'all. Make it count. ♦

Linking up with Mary's Mosaic Monday

9 comments:

  1. Gayle...it's not quite as bad here in NC....but almost! :) Your fall decor is lovely...it's my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in from Mosaic Monday, love that golden pumpkin in your mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Autumn display!! Enjoy your cool weather! Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chuckled at your comment about temperatures below 80. As a Canadian, I have a slightly different definition of cool weather. It's all relative, isn't it!

    Your photo is lovely and shows the colours the trees are turning around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gayle! Well, Fall has arrived to day. Finally! The highs will be in the 50's and 60's. I'm ok with that.

    I love your metallic pumpkin! I'm kind of a sucker for shiny things. I just put out some Halloween decor yesterday. I hope to get more up today. My husband told me that after Christmas, people decorate for Halloween the most!

    Happy Tuesday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your enthusiasm for fall...I always need to enjoy fall and not keep thinking of what comes next...winter. It was 47 here last night. We have yet to turn on the heat because our house stays warm, but a few more nights like that and on it will go! Your decorations are warm and cozy...(O;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, I must say I'm grateful to live in SE Texas when Old Man Winter arrives.

      Delete