Friday, July 19, 2013

Bedrooms Beautiful

My next decorating project (now that my kitchen cabinets and Audrey's room are done) is my bedroom. Right now, it is a total hodge-podge of leftovers, you might say. I love my furniture, but nothing else has been a priority.

The room is painted a dark taupe, and although it isn't an unpleasant color, it doesn't draw me in on any level. I figure I have two choices: 1) I can repaint it, or 2) I can work with the existing color and lighten up the room with linens and accessories.

With that in mind, here are a few bedrooms I like:

I don't have a beach outside my window, but maybe beach colors would have the same effect?
Wink!
 
I like this room, but I think I'd pop it with one more color.
White linens have always appealed to me, and isn't the chandelier wonderful?
 
Another brown and white room. Simple but elegant in its own way.
The tiny touch of pink is perfect.
  
Another beachy room. Maybe I should just move to Florida.

I love the uniqueness of this, and the color combo is so classic.
 
Love, LOVE this. My colors all around. 


I have the perfect wall for a fireplace. They make pretty fake ones now. Maybe this winter...

Is this fabulous or what? So quaint. So cozy.
 
Another fireplace.

Well, dear ones, I could spend all day doing this, but I guess that will conclude my Tour of Bedrooms. I do trust you have enjoyed it as much as I have.

I'm still honing my personal vision some, and looking at options. I have to work with my space and not get bogged down in what I don't have - no beach outside my window. Repainting seems daunting at times, but I'm leaning that direction. In the meantime, sweet dreams, y'all. ♦
 
All bedroom pictures are from Houzz.

5 comments:

  1. I love them all! That's exactly what I do when I'm about to embark on a room makeover. I pin and pin and pin different rooms. Blue is so restful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVED them all. My bedroom needs a little face lift too. Just a little paint does a lot. I am with you...the ocean outside the window would just be perfect, lol. I'll be anxious to see what you decide on. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ironically, I'm having the same visions. A twin thing, I suppose. Ready for a bedroom make-over. Not cherishing the idea of the work involved, but will be worth it to have a fresh space in which to land at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think yours is already wonderful, but I do love change. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I may start with a new paint job and see if that satisfies me. I've never liked my wall color ... so bland. So much work though, and there's no going back once you start.

      Delete