Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day, Dear Dad


Happy Father's Day to my dear dad! I am so blessed to have him with me another year. After his fall in November, we all wondered what the future held, but Daddy has risen to the challenge, and is facing life head on. He doesn't walk as he once did, but he is not sitting down and giving up.

Instead of his usual mile, he is now walking 1/4 mile. Yes, he is in pain, but he said each day seems a little easier. He is also maintaining his property, which is a lot of hard labor. The riding lawn mower makes the grass cutting simple, but the edging and weed eating isn't simple (or painless) at all. He's too stubborn to let anybody else do it, and I think maybe that's good thing.

My father's life has taught me a lot of things, but the most important thing my father taught me is how to pray. Even now, at the age of 86, Daddy gets alone with God in prayer every day. His prayers have impacted my life in ways only eternity can reveal. I love him so much, and am so grateful to have had another year with him.

4 comments:

  1. I have been following your Dad's accident and all the the whole family has been through, especially him. It is a miracle and blessing. I have learned from him, too. Please pass my good thoughts onto him from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. I certainly will pass your good thoughts along. God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! You are a lucky woman! A kiss for your wonderful Dad from Jerez (Spain)! A charming smile

    Marina Pérez Bejarano

    ReplyDelete