Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Tomato Plant Gets A Real Pot


As a true Southern gal, I am a lover of vine-ripened tomatoes. During summer, I'm at the farmer's market most weekends, loading up.

On a whim, I purchased some tomato seeds in March, wondering if my thumb might miraculously turn green. Easter weekend, the seeds sprouted, and after weeks of growing in a glass in my kitchen window, I had to find the plant a real pot and put it outside. I can't make any promises of fruit, but I'll nurture it and pray real hard.

 ♦ ♦ ♦

Linking to Mosaic Monday at Mary's blog: Little Red House.

I'm also linking to  Cindy's blog party Amaze Me Monday.
(I don't know if my little tomato plant will amaze anyone there,but it is amazing me.)

10 comments:

  1. Your tomatoes are right on schedule! My Granny didn't put any seeds or plants into the ground until Good Friday. Home/farmers market tomatoes can't be beat. The taste is amazing. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is only one thing more perfect then a tomato right from the garden and that is one you grew from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the 'green thumb' ~ beautiful mosaic photos too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post....we don't garden much any more but we used to and I love seeing what others do. I might start a pot here in Florida next season... it comes earlier here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gayle,
    I started some tomato seeds too and they look about like yours. I think it's time to transplant into a larger container--but I'm afraid I will kill them. Good luck with yours. You will have to keep us posted.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm holding my breath, Mary. Fingers crossed. Prayers going up.

      Delete
  6. Look at you go! You have accomplished something that I have yet to accomplish. I am a lazy and impatient bedding plant girl.

    She says as she hangs her head in shame...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're off to a good start! I LOVE tomatoes in the summer but have never had any luck with growing them in the garden...I always get bottom rot? Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job! I am impressed as I can hardly grow anything from a plant, let alone a seed. Soon you will be enjoying those tasty tomatoes, and let's face it, NOTHING is as good as those home grown ones. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting a plant from a tiny seed is always amazing. I think I put mine too late this year. But they are showing two or three leaves, so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete