Monday, April 29, 2013

Grandmother's Teapot


Grandmother's teapot was one of my favorite things growing up. I thought it fit Grandmother perfectly: refined in every way. When Grandmother died, the teapot became mine, and I think of her whenever I look at it. The robin's egg blue and the gold fleur-de-lis band. Ah. So exquisite.

Based on my research, this china pattern ("Blue" Chateau by Homer Laughlin) was originally sold at Montgomery Ward in the mid-40s. Based on the markings, Grandmother's teapot was produced in May of 1951.
I've not been able to find an exact teapot online, but I've found lots of other replacement pieces. They are all quite lovely, and I might just have to buy some one day. Until then, I'm treasuring the piece I have, and I hope it brightens your day. ♦ 
Linking to three Monday blogging parties:

9 comments:

  1. That is blue-tiful!

    Thanks for playing.

    Happy 1st Blue Monday, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and dainty teapot! It's so nice to have lovely things that belonged to our family members -- I love using or decorating with things that have been handed down to me!
    Have a lovely Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty teapot. I love the style of it and the soft blue band and floral bouquet. Maybe you can find some cups and saucers to go with it and have a tea party using them. :) A special treasure! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty teapot. I played too. Mine are here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teapot is lovely. How special to have this piece from your grandmother. Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! I have my Grandmothers set too. I will always cherish it. Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to have something so special.

    I have several of my grandmother's things and I cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a dainty and pretty teapot! What a treasure that it belonged to your grandmother, love family pieces and yours is just so sweet! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special way to remember your grandmother. One of the things that has drawn me to blogging is telling stories about people, places, items, and times that are special in my life. Thank you for sharing your grandmother's teapot story on Blue Monday.

    I've just become your latest follower and invite you to visit my blog.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete