Saturday, March 16, 2013

Let The Shooting Begin


I bought my Canon Rebel right before digital became the norm (sigh), and since I spent a lot on it, I couldn't justify upgrading. Thus, to keep up with the digital age, I purchased a Kodak "point and shoot."

As I became accustomed to a non-film camera, the Canon went in the closet. However, as someone who has done photography professionally (meaning I charged and got paid for it), I missed having control of my pictures, so to speak, and I knew that I would buy another "big camera" one day.

It's been a long time coming, but yesterday was the day! I'm already in love with my red Nikon D3100, and I can't wait to go try it out today with my friend, Ann (who is a photographer, too, and who encouraged me to get back in the game).

Arboretum, here we come. Let the shooting begin!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! Congratulations... and RED!

    I've grown deeply displeased with my Sony Cybershot, and that's likely due to lack-of-knowledge (ignorance) frustration. I told Mr. I'd like to hire somebody for at least two hours who could orient8 me (*wink*) on this little gal. I'm no professional but I enjoy learning and will eventually get a better "big-for-me camera."

    Looking forward to seeing your shots!

    Happy weekend,
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got one of thee babies for Christmas. Love it, but have not removed it from auto yet...sigh. So much I still need to figure out. I need a tutor! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's a wonderful model! Welcome to the Nikon world, LOL. We've been Nikon owners for a long time. Perhaps you might want to check out the new photo challenge blog that I started in February. The challenges are monthly and featuring various topics. The link is on the sidebar of my blog. It's a really nice group that participated in the first challenge, with a wide variety of skill levels.

    ReplyDelete