Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Outdoor Wednesday ~ Lunch in the Arboretum




After a quick lunch yesterday, I drove to the arboretum for a leisurely stroll in the sun. It's too early for many blooms, of course, but it was lovely, just the same.

A comfy swing soon drew me in, and before long, I was smiling at a young mother (with friend and photographer in tow) attempting to capture her baby girl's picture amongst the bushes and plants. If anything makes a mother act like a fool, it is her offspring. Each time the photographer zoomed in on the child, the mother and friend jumped, and clapped and yelled, "Yaaaaaay!" I recalled younger days, when I did the same thing.

Within a few weeks, blooms will explode, and I'll return with a good camera in hand. Until then, I snapped a few for the picture book with my iPhone.

10 comments:

  1. Nice meeting another fellow Texan in the blog world. I think the Arboretum is one of the prettiest places around Dallas-Fort Worth. You are a very talented lady and I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meme, I'm glad you found me, too. :-) Can't have too many Texans in the blog world. The arboretum I visited is in the suburbs of Houston. However, I lived in Dallas area for 20 years, and LOVED the Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens. As a freelance photographer during those years, I took many, many portraits there. It was always a day of joy. Thanks for stopping by, and welcome to blogging!

      Delete
  2. I can feel Spring in your pictures.
    That warm feeling of new birth in the gardens.
    It feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayle,

    Me, too, Dayle!

    I'm back under my "spring" umbrella on Guam, but blossoms like these images aren't mine to enjoy here. Simply lovely.

    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers!
    Wonderful tall trees, too!
    Have a great day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS pictures! Looks like a wonderful place to go! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just now seeing this, but you made my Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so anxious for spring. Can hardly wait to see my daffodils and tulips!

    ReplyDelete