Thursday, August 2, 2012

Looking Inward


As a single woman who answers to nobody but herself, it's easy to get lost in the humdrum of life and lose sight of the purpose of living. Every now and then, I have to take steps back and re-evaluate.

What am I doing for the cause of Christ? Am I making a difference anywhere? Do I have faith only and no works to back it up?

Do I use my job as an excuse to do nothing for the Kingdom, or do I seize every opportunity to let my Light shine? Am I cheerful? Helpful? Positive? Am I the body of Christhis hands, his feet, his mouthpiece?

And what do I do at the end of my day? Do I spend time in quiet communion with my Maker? Do I study God's Word? Do I volunteer for worthy causes? Am I a place of refuge for friends who are in need? Am I quick to listen and slow to judge?

Although the questions are tough, and I don't always like the answers, I pray for the courage to keep looking in the mirror and changing what needs to be changed. Being consecrated to a higher purpose isn't easy, but sowing seeds to my flesh, day in and day out, won't bring the harvest I hope to reap.

"So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God."
Romans 14:12  ♦

3 comments:

  1. Convicting post. Thanks, sis. I really need this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have thought about am I doing, giving, helping enough.
    I think if we keep asking, we are on the right road. It's when we stop asking the hard questions that really concerns me.

    I think you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As my Whimsy goes back to school, I'm feeling generally struck with the same thoughts. When the house empties and I'm hope alone, am I really using season for the Kingdom? Thank you for confirmation that the NUDGE in my side is a holy one.

    ReplyDelete