Monday, June 4, 2012

Moon Monday


The blue of the sky, along with the impeccable moon, sent me scurrying for my camera a few evenings ago. During times of despair or confusion, the moon has always had a calming effect on me, and this particular evening was no exception.

Perhaps that's because when I look at the moon, I see the glory of God, and I am assured that no matter how dark the night might be, I don't have to endure it alone. The Moon Maker is ever aware of where I am and what I am going through. All I have to do is look up and believe. ♦

Linking to Michelle's blog:

6 comments:

  1. How true that the Moon has a calming effect, especially when it is full. Beholding God's creativity in Nature and the heavens keeps me in awe of Him. Guess that is why I enjoy photographing His Creation.
    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I could have reached the ripe age of 50 without realizing that the moon is the ultimate visual reminder of a light in the darkness, I do not know.

    I kind of feel the same way that I did when I became a fan of the blue hour. I now want to start paying attention to the moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a nickle for every moon pictures I've attempted, I'd be retired already.

      Delete
  3. I have always loved looking at the moon. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Debbie said. She usually has just the right words.
    Beautiful moon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the time I was a child, I have been fascinated by the moon. Even today, I could spend hours just staring at its majesty. And, I admit it. I talk to the moon, sort of. I'm really talking to the One who created it, but it's almost as if God is looking out from that big light. Who knows? Maybe He is.

    ReplyDelete