Friday, March 9, 2012

A Low-Cal, Low-Carb Snack


If you're counting calories and carbs, I want to share a favorite low-cal, low-carb, gluten-free snack of mine: Flavored Cream Cheese on a Lightly Salted Rice Cake (I use Quaker).

There are a lot of different rice cakes now, but I'm partial to the lightly salted ones for this snack. My favorite topping is pineapple cream cheese, but since my neighborhood store doesn't carry it, I use strawberry instead.

I know this snack isn't fancy, and it might not even sound good, but the saltiness of the rice cake, blended with the sweetness of the cream cheese is a perfect combo for my taste buds. And the crunch is wonderful!

♦   Linking to Foodie Friday.   ♦

5 comments:

  1. I love this snack, too. Now if only I can discipline myself to stick with it. :) (My latest blog post explains the problem I'm having.) HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the blog, but I saw the strawberry dessert you posted on FB. To die for!

      Delete
  2. Sounds good to me! I'll have to try this...Thanks for sharing something "Healthy".
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ps You have a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kinda snack. Sweet and salty is always a perfect combination. Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Constantly looking for this kind of snack....I think this sounds pretty good. I do love a sweet/salty combo. Have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete