Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nanna Is Coming To Town

I'm beyond delighted that my big sister and her hubby are moving back to Houston. Although I'll miss their peaceful place in Tyler (along with the cows and pastures and pond), I am thrilled they're coming home....where they belong.
Don't tell anybody I said so, but I think a little girl named Ainsley, who calls my sister "Nanna," is a big part of the drawing force bringing them this way. I don't have a grandchild, but I hear that being a grandparent can make you behave in unexpected ways. At any rate, I'm happy Big Sis will be closer now, and I'm looking forward to us sharing lots of laughs, love and hazelnut coffee. ♦

"It's a fine thing when sisters love each other." Lorna Landvik

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy she's coming back! I know you and Dayle are thrilled. Ainsley is so blessed she's coming back as is Shelaine! I'm thrilled for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all thrilled, Sissy, and I couldn't agree more. Blessed, indeed.

      Delete
    2. As sis said, we are all thrilled, and especially Shelaine. She has been dreaming of this day for a very long time.

      Delete
  2. Does this mean that Sweet Pea is going to have to share lap time with yet one more family? You're going to have to set up a schedule just to get your fair share.

    Seriously, I envy you. I wish the missing big sister in our family would move home too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Debbie, I'm afraid "Sweet Pea" will be passed around even more and we'll have to fight for our time with her. But...it's all good. :-)

      Delete
  3. That sounds like good news for the entire family.
    I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great news, and we're all delighted, especially my sister's daughter. :-)

      Delete
  4. How fun for you that your sister is moving back close to you. Being close to a grandchild is definitely a draw. My daughter lives in Houston and my husband and I live in California and her first baby is due or actually overdue right now. I know how hard it is going to be to be away from my grandchild.

    Enjoy your laughs and hazelnut coffee with your Sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Crickit, that's a LONG way apart!!

      Delete