Friday, December 30, 2011

Baby Ruth Cookies

I love how Facebook brings you together with long-lost friends you would never have reconnected with otherwise. One such friend sent me this cookie recipe for the holidays. Baby Ruth is my favorite candy bar, so it was a perfect fit.

The key to a great, gooey, soft cookie is not overcooking. I removed mine from the oven in 10 minutes. The next batch I left in for 12. They were hard and had to be thrown out.



Baby Ruth Cookies
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 - 1 1/2 cups of Baby Ruth candy bars chopped

Sift flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
Stir in dry ingredients untill well blended, then mix in candy.
Chill dough for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Drop dough by teaspoons onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake 10 - 12 minutes, but do not overcook. They will NOT be brown, but a blonde color.
Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.

Yields: 2 1/2 - 3 dozen

Click on link (Foodie Friday) for more delicious recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. These look fabulous! Looks like a must try. Thanks for sharing.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ... you have to make these for me, but we need to hurry before my diet starts.

    ReplyDelete