Sunday, December 18, 2011

Homemade Christmas


Our family draws names for Christmas, and after much debate, we decided on homemade gifts this year. Instead of swapping lists and shopping for each other, we would make a one-of-a-kind something, orfor those less craftymaybe bake a favorite goodie to exchange.

Yesterday found me working diligently on one of my gifts. I've never crocheted scarves before (I'm the queen of afghans), but this is turning out to be the Year of the Scarf. It's ice blue, velvety soft, and I hope I'm done in time for Santa to deliver it!

6 comments:

  1. It is lovely, Gayle. You must post a pic of the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a wonderful idea. My kids draw names among themselves now, and do the same thing. I love seeing what they come up with. The scarf will make a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wondeful idea, indeed! The scarf is a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I hope it's not for Dayle because if so... she peeked. I saw her.

    I love the idea of a homemade Christmas exchange. It will all be from the heart.

    ReplyDelete