Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Home for Christmas - 2011

Welcome to my home, sweet home! At the end of long days, it is my haven of rest, and I'm grateful for God's provisions. I didn't do a lot of "decking the halls" this year, but I do hope you enjoy looking around.

I found this old window at an antique mall. My twin sister was kind enough to buy it for me. It hangs in an opened arch over my piano. I wonder what stories it could tell.


 This wreath seemed to fit it perfectly.


Wrapping gifts is a joy for me, and I take great pains in choosing paper.


Extra Christmas ornaments make a lovely display in my Waterford bowl, a wedding gift from almost 30 years ago. It is a treasure of mine.

The decorative plate is dated 1985, the year my daughter was born.
It was another gift from my beloved twin, and another treasure of mine.


An evening shot of my piano. I LOVE the many reflections in this picture.


A simple mantel of beads and balls.


 
For my dining room table, I started with an old garland, spray painted a few pine cones, scattered some old ornaments and strung an ancient string of chipped green lights I can't seem to part with.


My tree is the real show stopper. It was purchased after moving into my home a few years ago. I had lived in an apartment for five years, and needed something new and fresh. I could spend hours just staring at its splendor.

 My daughter's dear dog Charlie was visiting Grandma and was wondering when she could join the festivities inside.


A nighttime shot, looking in.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas, and I'm excited to see your home and all your holiday cheer.


Linking up with:

11 comments:

  1. Your tree is fab-O! So elegant but still festive and fun. I like how you incorporated black into your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that stunning tree in the last post and thought it was so beautiful. All your white and icy tones make your house look like a winter wonderland. When I was little, that was what I imagined as a setting for my wedding. (Didn't do it since I was married in June) I just love it. I looks like a Christmas whisper if that makes sense.

    And I love your window. I'm a window nut. I just recently discovered that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree is just gorgeous! Love the feel. And the window is so good, and your right, the wreath is perfect on it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful decorations, your tree looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you find that silver tree? I love it! No wonder you can't stop staring at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tree! It is gorgeous and so is all of your other decor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that tree. Your home looks wonderful decked out for Christmas. Following you. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nanci, the magical silver tree came from Garden Ridge Pottery. The minute my daughter and I saw it several years ago, we knew we had to take it home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is amazing. Love it! And I love Charlie looking in the window! I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Тhanks for a marνelouѕ posting! I sеrіously enjoyed гeading it, you're a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and will come back very soon. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work, have a nice weekend!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog; Augen Lasern

    ReplyDelete