Friday, August 19, 2011

Amazing God

My dad had cataract surgery last week. I talked to him right after the procedure. He was in good spirits, hoping the outcome for this eye would be as good as the first one had been. Isn't it amazing what skilled physicians can do?

The Great Physician is even more amazing.

Need heart surgery? (Psalm 51:10)

Eye surgery? (Luke 24:31)

Ear surgery? (Mark 7:35)

Or maybe you need cosmetic surgery. God's skilled hands aren't limited to making the old LOOK new; he makes the old BRAND new. (2 Cor. 5:17)

Best of all, his office never closes, and the transformation is free.

I'm reposting my blog from earlier this week and linking to a favorite place of mine: Spiritual Sundays. Click on over!

13 comments:

  1. What an encouraging post. He's MY physician. He healed me from the disease of sin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great encouraging post!


    God's name is Jehovah-rapha ~ the God who heals. Exodus 15:22-26

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to tie this together, Gayle. You're so right. The Great Physician is much more amazing.

    I loved Pamela's comment up there, too. Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I need the cosmetic for sure but I will certainly use the others and especially a transformed heart. Thanks, Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Gayle. Love this!

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well.... I've never actually thought of applying 2 Cor 5:17 in the way you suggest. I might just take God at His word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank-you so much for these scriptures. It's nice to know where to go during certain times of our life's. I hope your dad is doing good.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is amazing. I've often said I'm glad I didn't live back before anesthesia and other great medical discoveries. As good as they are, none can compare to what the Great Physician can do.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete