Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Simple Pleasure - Writing


As a long-time writer, I've had my share of writer's block. Times when words refused to flow and sentences refused to form. Hours of sitting at the computer, staring at a blank screen, wondering why it had to be so difficult. With that being said, nothing is more rewarding (or pleasurable) than bulldozing through the brick wall until words come flooding in.

I don't write as often as I once did, but I did a bit of writing this week, and I'm happy to report that the pleasure still outweighs all the pain.
_______

I'm linking to my twin's Simple Pleasure. Come on over.

10 comments:

  1. Just now dabbling with writing a little, so I know what you mean about words & sentences flowing. Joining you at your sister's for Simple Pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted to hear this. And I can so relate. Writing can be both agonizing and electrifying, but I wouldn't/couldn't trade it for the world.

    Happy to see you at the party, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My typing skills are much better than my handwriting skills so when it comes to writing, I much prefer a keyboard. At least my fingers can keep up with my thoughts that way. :) Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gayle,
    Please to meet you here in blogland. Yes, that is truly a simple pleasure to have our words spill on to the page with quick, and effervescent flow........ and especially knowing that the flow comes from Him! What a delight!

    Blessings Abundant, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great quote on your header........
    and oh, so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. writer's block....I get that....I have struggled with it and then whoosh that moment that turns into hours when writing flows....like passing a traffic accident and clear sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I glad you are enjoying your writing gift, Gayle!
    That's a great blessing to treasure.
    God bless..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gayle,
    What a wonderful gift writing is.It must be a real thrill when the creative juices are flowing.

    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a real encouragement!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. so enjoyed visiting here this morning.. cheers!

    ReplyDelete